The Market Manager will be responsible for:
- staffing weekly farm stand and mobile market.
- tracking sales and completing market reports
- build neighborhood customer base via attending community meetings.
- gather community input and strategize for market (produce requests, pricing, promotional ideas, additional market sites etc.)
The farm stand is held Saturday Farm Stand 9am - 2pm and the Mobile Market runs on Thursdays 8am - 2pm.
The Market & Outreach Manager must be available to work at these times.
Pay is $15 per hour. his position is based on the expectation of 16 hours per week May-November, 2018
Application deadline Monday April 9th, 2018
YouthWorks participants will contribute to farm work and neighborhood outreach to support the farm’s efforts to provide fresh vegetables to residents of Reservoir Hill and Penn North.
The program is designed to introduce youth employees to all aspects of the work that goes into running the farm and its community programming, as well as to issues of food justice and community education.
Participants will gain job skills and training and will be encouraged to pursue their own interests in urban agriculture, nutrition and community engagement. Youth will learn about a variety of career paths and meet people working on related projects throughout the city. They will be given the opportunity to turn what they have learned into lessons for community programming and proposals for continued work.
- be registered for YouthWorks
- be between 14 and 21 years old
- be prepared to work outdoors from 8am-1:30 pm
- be available to work Monday through Friday, June 25th through July 27th